Product Updates November 6, 2019 by Laura Elizabeth
We've just released a new version of Client Portal with a big new feature: Client uploads!
We know that many of you have been waiting for this so we are absolutely thrilled to have it ready.
Now you can choose "Client Uploads" in the "Module Type" dropdown...
...and your clients will see an "Add files" link on that module. This is where they can upload their files which you will be able to download either from the backend or frontend of Client Portal.
For more details, check out the support doc.
What other changes have been made to Client Portal since the last update?
We are constantly making little tweaks and bug fixes to Client Portal. Here's what's been going on behind the scenes since the last update:
- Fixed an issue where the permalink structure setting doesn't end with "/" and breaks the Client Portal URLs.
- Added support for custom client roles in the mark as completed feature.
- Fixed Dropbox CTA where the open in a new tab didn't work.
- Fixed the CSS compatibility issue with the Flatsome theme.
- Fixed the dismissible notices which couldn't be removed after refreshing the page.
- Fixed the backward compatibility for custom phase boxes.
Coming next in 4.9: Notifications
For the next version of Client Portal we will be focusing on Notifications. Currently, Client Portal relies on both you and your client to continuously check it to see if anything new has been added. But soon you'll be able to toggle on (or off) email notifications for the following actions:
- When you or your client uploads a file
- When you or your client client marks a module as complete
- When you add new modules
- When an inactive module becomes active
These notifications can either be sent in real-time, or you will have the option to send your client a daily or weekly digest.
The emails will be branded and beautiful, and everything will be easily editable/translatable for you.These notifications can either be sent in real-time, or you will have the option to send your client a daily or weekly digest.
The emails will be branded and beautiful, and everything will be easily editable/translatable for you.
We hope you're excited – we sure are!