- How to install Client Portal
- Can I use it without WordPress?
- Setting up your first portal
- Using content pages
- Importing and Exporting Portals
- Icon Cheatsheet
- Customise project status modules
- Remove the project status modules
- How to change the fonts in Client Portal?
- How to change the 'Client Portal Archive' text
- How to change the 'Client Portal Login' text
- Change Error Message on the Login Screen
- How to add, move, and delete phases
- Redirect to the homepage after logging out
- How to change the slug/permalink
- Edit the "Phase 1, 2, 3" etc. text
- Troubleshooting problems with Client Portal
- I’m not getting Client Portal updates
- Find and edit the Client Portal Login page
- I'm getting a 404 error message
- I'm getting an Nginx error message
- Trouble with logging into a portal
- Forgot password isn't working
- Are my files safe in Client Portal?
- How do I hide Client Portal from search results?
- How do private file uploads work
- How do I add a new user to Client Portal?
- Can I assign a client a different role?
- How users can self-signup to a portal
- Introducing Client Portal to your clients
- How clients can mark as complete
- Create a to-do list with Google Sheets
- Accepting file uploads in Client Portal
Accepting Client Uploads
In Version 4.8, the Client Uploads feature was added! This means that you can accept file uploads from your clients directly through the portal. You need to set this up for them on the back end.
How to add the Client Upload option in your project portal
Click on the Module Type and you will see that the Client Uploads option has been added. Select that option.
There is nothing else to do at this point. In the image below, you will see that it says, "you'll see the file list once your client has uploaded some." As this states, when your client has uploaded one or more files, you will see them listed here and you will be able to download them from either the backend or the front end.
Remember to save what you've downloaded from your clients, as they have the ability to delete it at any time.
The image below shows you what the list will look like when your client has uploaded their files. As you can see, there is a list of files (4 files have been added in this example). You can now download the files either here in the backend or when you're previewing a project.
Tip: instruct your clients to mark the modules as complete when they have uploaded a file. That way you will know to look for it!
What it looks like on the front end
Find the module that you created for the Client Uploads. This is what it looks like:
Tip when viewing or testing
There is no need to log in as your client to see what they see. Scroll to the top of the page and click View CP Project.
You can add files and then go to the backend to see that they are displayed in the module list as shown above.
If you need any further support, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.