- How to install Client Portal
- Can I use it without WordPress?
- Setting up your first portal
- Using content pages
- Questionnaires with Contact Form 7
- Importing and Exporting Portals
- Icon Cheatsheet
- How do I edit 'Phase 1, 2, 3' text?
- Customise project status modules
- Remove the project status modules
- How to change the fonts in Client Portal?
- How do I make a portal public?
- How to change the 'Client Portal Archive' text
- How to change the "Client Portal Login" text on the login page
- Change Error Message on the Login Screen
- How do I add or move Phases
- How do I redirect clients to the homepage after logged out
- What is the Legacy theme?
- I’m not getting Client Portal updates.
- Client Portal isn’t working.
- I can't find my Client Portal Login page!
- I'm getting a 404 error message
- Nginx error message
- I can't log into a portal
- Are my files safe in Client Portal?
- How do I hide Client Portal from search results?
- Private File Uploads
- Can I assign a client a different role?
- How can I assign multiple users to Client Portal?
- How do I add a new user to Client Portal?
I don't have WordPress, can I still use Client Portal?
Find out how to use Client Portal without WordPress
Client Portal is currently a WordPress plugin so you will need WordPress (in some form) to use it. But if your website uses another CMS and you still want to use Client Portal, there is a way!
- First, set up a subdomain for your website. E.g. portal.example.com. Here's how to set up a subdomain with some popular domain registrars:
Next, you'll need to sign up for a hosting plan. E.g.
Bluehost (inexpensive and has a 1-click WordPress install functionality).
- Install WordPress on your new subdomain. Here's how to install WordPress on a subdomain with some popular hosting companies:
Once you have WordPress set up on your subdomain, you can install Client Portal by going to Plugins -> Add New.
Click on Upload Plugin and select the ZIP folder for Client Portal (which you will have received in an email when you purchase Client Portal).
That's it! When you are ready to show your clients their portals, they'll be located at your new subdomain address with /client at the end. E.g. portal.example.com/client.