- How to install Client Portal
- Can I use it without WordPress?
- Setting up your first portal
- Using content pages
- Importing and Exporting Portals
- Icon Cheatsheet
- Customise project status modules
- Remove the project status modules
- How to change the fonts in Client Portal?
- How to change the 'Client Portal Archive' text
- How to change the 'Client Portal Login' text
- Change Error Message on the Login Screen
- How to add, move, and delete phases
- Redirect to the homepage after logging out
- How to change the slug/permalink
- Edit the "Phase 1, 2, 3" etc. text
- Troubleshooting problems with Client Portal
- I’m not getting Client Portal updates
- Find and edit the Client Portal Login page
- I'm getting a 404 error message
- I'm getting an Nginx error message
- Trouble with logging into a portal
- Forgot password isn't working
- Are my files safe in Client Portal?
- How do I hide Client Portal from search results?
- How do private file uploads work
- Introducing Client Portal to your clients
- How clients can mark as complete
- Create a to-do list with Google Sheets
- Accepting file uploads in Client Portal
I don't have WordPress, can I still use Client Portal?
Find out how to use Client Portal without WordPress
Client Portal is currently a WordPress plugin so you will need WordPress (in some form) to use it. But if your website uses another CMS and you still want to use Client Portal, there is a way!
- First, set up a subdomain for your website. E.g. portal.example.com. Here's how to set up a subdomain with some popular domain registrars:
- Next, you'll need to sign up for a hosting plan. E.g.
Bluehost (inexpensive and has a 1-click WordPress install functionality).
- Install WordPress on your new subdomain. Here's how to install WordPress on a subdomain with some popular hosting companies:
- Once you have WordPress set up on your subdomain, you can install Client Portal by going to Plugins -> Add New.
- Click on Upload Plugin and select the ZIP folder for Client Portal (which you will have received in an email when you purchase Client Portal).
That's it! When you are ready to show your clients their portals, they'll be located at your new subdomain address with /client at the end. E.g. portal.example.com/client.