- How to install Client Portal
- Can I use it without WordPress?
- Setting up your first portal
- Using content pages
- Importing and Exporting Portals
- Icon Cheatsheet
- Customise project status modules
- Remove the project status modules
- How to change the fonts in Client Portal?
- How to change the 'Client Portal Archive' text
- How to change the 'Client Portal Login' text
- Change Error Message on the Login Screen
- How to add, move, and delete phases
- Redirect to the homepage after logging out
- How to change the slug/permalink
- Edit the "Phase 1, 2, 3" etc. text
- Troubleshooting problems with Client Portal
- I’m not getting Client Portal updates
- Find and edit the Client Portal Login page
- I'm getting a 404 error message
- I'm getting an Nginx error message
- Trouble with logging into a portal
- Forgot password isn't working
- Are my files safe in Client Portal?
- How do I hide Client Portal from search results?
- How do private file uploads work
- Introducing Client Portal to your clients
- How clients can mark as complete
- Create a to-do list with Google Sheets
- Accepting file uploads in Client Portal
I’m not getting Client Portal updates
If you're trying to update Client Portal in WordPress but are getting the following error message: "The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found." — it's likely that it's a license key issue.
Here's how to get the updates working:
- From your WordPress dashboard, simply navigate to Projects -> Client Portal License.
- Find your unique license key. This will be in the purchase email receipt you got when you bought Client Portal (just search " Client Portal Receipt" in your inbox).
- Paste your license key into WordPress and click 'Save Changes'.
You should now be able to get Client Portal updates with one-click directly in WordPress!