Back to Project
- How to install Client Portal
- Can I use it without WordPress?
- Setting up your first portal
- Using content pages
- Importing and Exporting Portals
- Icon Cheatsheet
- Customise project status modules
- Remove the project status modules
- How to change the fonts in Client Portal?
- How to change the 'Client Portal Archive' text
- How to change the 'Client Portal Login' text
- Change Error Message on the Login Screen
- How to add, move, and delete phases
- Redirect to the homepage after logging out
- How to change the slug/permalink
- Edit the "Phase 1, 2, 3" etc. text
- Troubleshooting problems with Client Portal
- I’m not getting Client Portal updates
- Find and edit the Client Portal Login page
- I'm getting a 404 error message
- I'm getting an Nginx error message
- Excluding Client Portal from your cache
- Forgot password isn't working
- I'm not receiving Email Notifications
- Are my files safe in Client Portal?
- How do I hide Client Portal from search results?
- How do private file uploads work
Users & roles
- How do I add a new user to Client Portal?
- Can I assign a client a different role?
- How users can self-signup to a portal
Working with Client Portal
- Introducing Client Portal to your clients
- How clients can mark as complete
- Create a to-do list with Google Sheets
- Accepting file uploads in Client Portal
- Collate notifications into digests
- Add due dates and reminders
Importing and Exporting Portals
Export your portal data and import into a new website
Exporting your portal data
- Navigate to Tools -> Export.
- Choose "Client Portal data"
- In the dropdown, select which client you would like to export the portals for. If you would only like 1 portal downloaded, you'll need to temporarily create a new user and assign them to only this portal.
- Click "Download Export File".
Importing your portal data
- Navigate to Tools -> Import.
- Choose "WordPress" and click "Run Importer". If you don't have this already installed you'll first need to choose "Install now".
- Click "Choose file" and select the .XML file you downloaded during the export process. Then click "Upload file and import".
- Choose which user you would like to have as the author of this plugin. This will usually be you (the administrator). Or you can create a new user.
- Make sure "Download and import file attachments" is checked!
- Click "Submit"and your portal(s) will be imported. This could take a few minutes to complete.