- How to install Client Portal
- Can I use it without WordPress?
- Setting up your first portal
- Using content pages
- Importing and Exporting Portals
- Icon Cheatsheet
- Customise project status modules
- Remove the project status modules
- How to change the fonts in Client Portal?
- How to change the 'Client Portal Archive' text
- How to change the 'Client Portal Login' text
- Change Error Message on the Login Screen
- How to add, move, and delete phases
- Redirect to the homepage after logging out
- How to change the slug/permalink
- Edit the "Phase 1, 2, 3" etc. text
- Troubleshooting problems with Client Portal
- I’m not getting Client Portal updates
- Find and edit the Client Portal Login page
- I'm getting a 404 error message
- I'm getting an Nginx error message
- Excluding Client Portal from your cache
- Forgot password isn't working
- I'm not receiving Email Notifications
- Are my files safe in Client Portal?
- How do I hide Client Portal from search results?
- How do private file uploads work
- How do I add a new user to Client Portal?
- Can I assign a client a different role?
- How users can self-signup to a portal
- Introducing Client Portal to your clients
- How clients can mark as complete
- Create a to-do list with Google Sheets
- Accepting file uploads in Client Portal
- Collate notifications into digests
- Add due dates and reminders
I'm getting a 404 error message
A misconfigured permalink setting is the most common reason for a 404 error message. Here's how to fix this:
First, navigate to Settings - Permalinks. Then select the Post Name structure and click 'Save Changes'.
If Client Portal still shows the 404 error after that, you'll need to try deactivating your theme and plugins individually to find which one is the culprit.
When you determine which is causing the issue, please send us a copy of that theme or plugin. If we can, we'll update Client Portal to make them play nicely together for you!
What to do next
Please contact email@example.com when you have the information ready. Please also grant us admin access so we can verify.
To set up a new user, navigate to Users -> Add New and give us a username and password to log in (you can delete this profile afterward) - just make sure it's set to 'Administrator' in the role field.
We should get back to you within two days after we receive your login credentials.