- How to install Client Portal
- Can I use it without WordPress?
- Setting up your first portal
- Using content pages
- Importing and Exporting Portals
- Icon Cheatsheet
- Customise project status modules
- Remove the project status modules
- How to change the fonts in Client Portal?
- How to change the 'Client Portal Archive' text
- How to change the 'Client Portal Login' text
- Change Error Message on the Login Screen
- How to add, move, and delete phases
- Redirect to the homepage after logging out
- How to change the slug/permalink
- Troubleshooting problems with Client Portal
- I’m not getting Client Portal updates
- Find and edit the Client Portal Login page
- I'm getting a 404 error message
- I'm getting an Nginx error message
- Trouble with logging into a portal
- Forgot password isn't working
- Are my files safe in Client Portal?
- How do I hide Client Portal from search results?
- How do private file uploads work
- Introducing Client Portal to your clients
- How clients can mark as complete
- Create a to-do list with Google Sheets
- Accepting file uploads in Client Portal
I'm getting a 404 error message
Update permalink settings
- Navigate to Settings - Permalinks.
- Select the Post Name structure
- Click 'Save Changes'
If after that, Client Portal still shows the 404 error, you'll then need to try deactivating your theme and plugins one by one to find which one is to blame.
We'd love to help such a situation when you can make sure which one (theme or plugin) caused the issue. When you have determined which one is causing the issue, please send us a copy of that theme or plugin. If we can, we'll update Client Portal to make them play nicely together for you!
What to do next
Please contact email@example.com when you have the info ready. Please also grant us admin access so we can verify.
To set up a new user, navigate to Users -> Add New and give us a username and password to log in (you can delete this profile afterward) - just make sure it's set to 'Administrator' in the role field.
We should get back to you within two days after we receive your login credentials. Please create an account to the support email, and we'll take a look as soon as we can. Thanks!